Re: Contact ID codes

"motley me" wrote:

> I have a couple of accounts that are sending an "e378" sometimes. they are
> on DSC 832 panels sending auto CID.
>
> I have looked up the codes and they are cross zone troubles.

That is correct.  The SIA standard defines E378 as a cross zone trouble.
There should be a zone ID after the code.  That should help determine what the
cause is.  Assuming you haven't used cross-zoning, there may be another
possibility.  DSC allows you to set your own Contact ID codes.  I don't know
if it's also possible with SIA but if it is, you might have some zone
programmed to send it.  I've only programmed a few Power832 systems -- none
recently -- so it's possible this has been changed.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics