Re: Contact ID codes

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "motley me" wrote:
>>
>> I have a couple of accounts that are sending an "e378" sometimes. they
>> are
>> on DSC 832 panels sending auto CID.
>>
>> I have looked up the codes and they are cross zone troubles.
>
> That is correct.  The SIA standard defines E378 as a cross zone trouble.

I find it amazing that you're going on about SIA when the panels in
quesiton are transmitting auto CID.

> There should be a zone ID after the code.  That should help determine
> what the cause is.  Assuming you haven't used cross-zoning, there may be
> another possibility.  DSC allows you to set your own Contact ID codes.
> I don't know if it's also possible with SIA but if it is, you might have
> some zone programmed to send it.  I've only programmed a few Power832
> systems -- none recently -- so it's possible this has been changed.

RTFM.  You can program your own SIA codes as well.  That's been a
"feature" for some time, Goofy!

If you haven't worked with the product, why not let the few who have
answer?  You've just gotta get that sig line in, don'tcha?