Re: Off contract soon with Apex, I'm looking for cheaper monitoring

"Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "I brive a dus" wrote:
>>
>>> How exactly is that deceptive? <
>>
>> The operator (Mike) is on the phone with the client at the 2 second
>> mark even though the system has a 20 second delay. That is the first
>> thing that comes to mind.
>
> Not showing the 20-second delay before alarm is only part of the
> misrepresentation.  Once the 20-second delay expires the system dials an
> 800 number.  The line siezure, dialup, handshake, transmission and kissoff
> sequence typically adds another 10 to 15 seconds.  If all operators are
> handling other calls at the moment (this happens *very* often), there is a
> delay of anywhere from a few seconds to 30 minutes or more.

30 minutes eh? I'd say you need a new monitoring station or perhaps that was
a typical response time while you had your own monitoring station running in
the spare bedroom

> Then the message is displayed on an operator's screen.  It takes the
> operator a few seconds to read the screen and decide what to do about the
> condition.  She then dials the premises.

No autodialer eh? my aren't we primitive?

> In actual practice this may be anywhere from a few minutes to over an hour
> after the burglar has finished looting, raping, pillaging and flying an
> inverted 737 through the living room.

Now it's an hour? No wonder you don't monitor anymore