Re: Off contract soon with Apex, I'm looking for cheaper monitoring

"I brive a dus" wrote:

>> How exactly is that deceptive? <
>
> The operator (Mike) is on the phone with the client at the 2 second
> mark even though the system has a 20 second delay. That is the first
> thing that comes to mind.

Not showing the 20-second delay before alarm is only part of the
misrepresentation.  Once the 20-second delay expires the system dials an 800
number.  The line siezure, dialup, handshake, transmission and kissoff
sequence typically adds another 10 to 15 seconds.  If all operators are
handling other calls at the moment (this happens *very* often), there is a
delay of anywhere from a few seconds to 30 minutes or more.  Then the message
is displayed on an operator's screen.  It takes the operator a few seconds to
read the screen and decide what to do about the condition.  She then dials the
premises.  In actual practice this may be anywhere from a few minutes to over
an hour after the burglar has finished looting, raping, pillaging and flying
an inverted 737 through the living room.

> The system being armed in instant mode, during the daytime, while
> people are still home, is another one that baffles me.

The ads are so far from reality it's ridiculous.  ADT pulls some of the same
nonsense in their ad campaigns.

> Describing the equipment as state of the art borders on hilarious.

Yep.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass