Re: Off contract soon with Apex, I'm looking for cheaper monitoring

Thanks much everyone for their replies. Looks like I have some options
to check out. I really didn't post this to escalate tensions between
posters, so please everyone should have their say without getting
flamed.

To Beeno who posted "they replaced it for free and now you want to
dump them. whatta guy! "

If Apex can re-negotiate a fair deal, fine, I'll keep them, but as
just about everyone knows here, they were charging me a much bigger
premium than some other monitoring places may have been even with
Cellular, and I'm sure their investment in equipment is pretty much
paid off by the higher fees. The changeover to GSM isn't my fault, and
maybe it isn't Apex's, maybe the FCC's?
Yes, I kind of feel bad that they just replaced that part of the
system not long ago, but what if they would have replaced it two years
ago or so instead, would that change things? Did Apex know about the
upcoming change when they first installed me? Who knows? That's part
of doing business. Needs change. Companies change. The company who set
up my system changed once if not twice, from Monitronics to Apex, and
now seemingly to APX (without the E). Customer's financial situations
change also. I'm sure APX looks at their bottom line, and when your
personal financial situation takes a turn for the worst, you better be
looking at your own bottom line. I have fulfilled their contract (in
another month), so I'll do some research that everyone posted leads,
and run it by APX if they are playing hardball on the rates when I
call.

I'm about to get rid of my cable to save some money, that keeps going
up and up and up. I just got two converter coupons in the mail, and I
will see what I can do with the OTA digital offerings, as I only
really watch local channels. I know this is a bit off topic, but just
showing how someone has to cut back sometimes and take better or
different deals. Ditching cable will save me almost $50 a month. Too
bad I can't ditch the damn gas pump, that's where a big part of the
headaches lie, and everything else going up in price. Not to mention
an ARM mortgage. So you see I have a bottom line to take care of also.
Cheers.