Re: VoIP transmission troubles

On Apr 23, 9:45 pm, Spellcheck Patrol <alarminst...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 8:26 pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Apr 23, 7:51 pm, "Rob" <rdvorak...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > We have had the same issue.  Some of our rural phone providers are going
> > > digital also, which is reaking havoc on other accounts with bogus signals.
> > > Unfortunately, some of these areas have zero GSM coverage with the Honeywell
> > > or Telgard radio/cell backup.  4x2 seems to help over CID.  But, the problem
> > > still exists.  Our only option has been an internet communicator.  We lease
> > > the radio and a UPS for the router and modem.  The customer will need a
> > > broadband service.  For the comunicator to send a test signal every few
> > > minutes has little effect on the bandwith.
>
> > > "tourman" <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > RHC: To their credit, ADT early on said that their salesmen were not
> > to sell an alarm to customers who didn't have a conventional land
> > line. However, that was several years ago, and I would be interested
> > to hear if they have since come up with a solution. They stand to lose
> > more than most with the tidal wave of people switching to VoIP for
> > their phone service. Is there anyone here from ADT who might be able
> > to answer that question ? <
>
> As much as you bash ADT you expect someone from there to give you
> advice?
> Bob Campbell seeking help from the "borg"? I've seen it all.

RHC: No, Tom not all ! They ARE the biggest alarm company around and
likely most affected by this movement. Just because a company this
size is huge, and generates all the problems of any big company, there
is no reason why an individual working for that company should be
blamed for the "sins" of that company. There is a party that used to
work for ADT that was on the ball, that used to post here (I believe
his name was John something or other). Perhaps he knows what's going
on. I'm sure most people that work for ADT are fine folks and try to
do the best they can within a huge, monolithic and unresponsive
organization. I even had a client once who worked for ADT. He never
told me until one day I was late sending him his bill. When his panel
failed to check in, I called him up and found out he had switched to
ADT because he fell victim to his own company propaganda (most little
companies fail and leave their clients high and dry). He had stayed
with me for more money each month simply because I came when he
called, in spite of the fact that he could get monitoring from his own
company for $6 ....ah, the irony !!! He only changed when he thought
I'd gone under ( I guess his telephone finger was broken too....)

ADT in our part of the world stinks IMO - pure and simple. However, I
understand that is not the case elsewhere. If I always seem to be
attacking them, it's because they don't do what we all do, which is
provide professional low pressure consultation, decent pricing, timely
service response and a well designed system for the customer. I myself
am an "accidental" third party ADT dealer through buyouts; I don't
"hate" ADT; I just don't like ANY company that operates that way.

Hell, there are far worse companies, like Alarmforce for example. Yah
gotta look at the big picture Tom !