Re: eol dsc1550

Frank Olson wrote:
> klcross@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> I have a DSC alarm 1550 this alarm is used to power three motion
>> detectors with a battery backup.  The motion detectors are being
>> monitored via another system. I would like to put a contact between
>> all the zones so the lights would go off on a keypad.  I have
>> programmed all zones in installer program number(11) to 1,3 I did this
>> to bypass the fire zone.  Now all the lights are on the keypad.
>>
>> My question is should I just put an end of line resistor between the
>> six contacts, to make all the lights go off on the keypad?
>>
>> Thanks, Joe
>>

> There are cheaper ways to power PIR's than using a PC-1550.  And yes,
> there are methods available to have the zones monitored in two places
> and on two independent keypads.  You're going to have to provide some
> additional information regarding the main system.  What is it?  Where is
> it located?  Are there wires routed to it from each PIR (or are the
> PIR's reporting on a single zone)?

I got this DSC alarm 1550  cheap  enough
with a box and a transformer, I put a
battery to this. The system I do have is
a cellular system and it does have the
contacts to monitor 4 positions but it
doesn't have the power in the battery to
power these, very long if the power is out.

I have the motion detectors set normally
closed, just the sensing of these are
going to this cellular system.
I want to just put the eol resistors to
the 1550 board, just for the turning of