Re: Cellular connectivity question

"Mark Leuck" wrote:

> Good point, when they realize how stupid it was to buy from DIY suppliers
> who promote self monitoring they come running back to the real alarm
> companies like us

Yeah, sure.  :^)

Actually, it's the other way around.  I regularly get customers who have
decided to DIY precisely because of bad service and ridiculous prices charged
by many alarm companies.  Very few of my clients are even interested in
monitoring but those who are I refer to 911alarm or NextAlarm, both of which
charge much less than your firm and (from feedback to date) give excellent
service.

I recently spoke to yet another ex-Monitronics client who was upset with your
company for s-l-o-w response to an actual alarm.  He replaced his control
panel for which, although he paid full price for at installation and completed
his end of the monitoring agreement, the company refused to give him the code
so he could go elsewhere.  Even buying a replacement panel and paying for
monitoring from a more honorable firm, he saved money over the cost of staying
with your employer.

Even though my company is quite small, this sort of thing happens frequently
enough that you must be losing a *lot* of angry customers.  If the rest of the
staff are anything like you, that's understandable.  Anyway, thanks for doing
such a miserable job.  It makes mine all the easier.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics