Re: Napco Spread Spectrum wireless

<captainvideo462002> wrote:

> My customer is a 92 year old lady that we installed a Magnum 1008 for
> approximately 15 years ago. The equipment is all working fine except
> for the T1000 wireless pendant transmitter which has failed. The Spead
> Spectrrum wireless system was built by Linear as an add on to Napco's
> Magnum series  using proprietary protocols for the keypad bus. The
> digital transmitter code was also reversed. So a Napco, not a linear
> pendant must be employed as a replacement. Napco no longer
> manufactures the Spectrum or its parts. Although Linear still makes a
> similar unit it will not interface with Napco's bus and they cannot
> supply a Napco compatible transmitter or receiver. Does anyone know
> where I might be able to get ahold of one of these old Spread Spectrum
> pendant transmitters? She's on SS and  has very little money. Thanks,

Other than eBay, as another gentleman already suggested, you might consider
replacing the panic with a standard Linear transmitter.  The DXT-41 pendant
transmitter and DXR-701 single channel receiver are an inexpensive solution.
The transmitter sells for $36 and the receiver costs $46.80 (both prices
retail, my website).  As a dealer you can get them for a bit less at any of
the major distributors.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass