Re: Brinks v Rojas Update Request

On Sep 22, 10:09 am, Disco <n...@xxxxx> wrote:
> tourman wrote:

> >> ALARM.COM  will give them access they need for only a few bucks a month.
>
> > RHC: Thanks, I have sent them a dealer request for more information.
> > If this truly does all that it promises, and does it at a reasonable
> > price, it should fit the bill.  But after so many years in the
> > business, I remain suspicious about these "miracle cures". Nor do I
> > like the idea of using what looks like on their website an "all in one
> > box" keypad / alarm solution...sounds kinds "mickey mouse". But we'll
> > see that they say about compatibility with existing hardware....
>
> it is a module that is added to certain manufacturers equipment.  not an
> all in one keypad.  you must already have an alarm system,  this just
> adds to it.  like a cell backup on steroids.  they only interface with
> certain manufacturers though. mainly GE I think.

RHC: Ok, thanks...good to know. I can always change out this
customer's equipment from the 1738 Paradox Spectra to a DSC Power 832,
which is basically equivalent if they do support that more common make
of equipment.  They are not very specific on their website; however,
I'll  wait until next week when hopefully I get a response. I do
notice they have dealers in Canada, so if the client opts for this
solution, I will lose the customer, but at least he'll get what he
should have researched for before he bought (he asked every other
conceivable question though...)  C'est la vie !!

I also want to know what they have to offer to conventional alarm
companies like my own. I'll let you guys know what they come back
with. If we can simply add a module to the panel and use existing
equipment, PLUS give the client all these high tech options at a
reasonable price, that would really be great. I do remain suspicious
for the moment though.....if it sounds too simple and good to be true,
it usually is....:((