Re: Brinks v Rojas Update Request

Well if we all want to preach how poor customers get screwed with Brinks,
then I think most everyone here should be singing a different tune. Most
here are, or simply should be,  in love with Brinks and their business
practices. How many times has anyone gone to a Brinks job and found anything
other than generally substandard workmanship, improper placement and/or
misapplication of products, poor customer service, on and on. It is not the
fault of just being a large company. BCI for example http://www.bci-tech.com
is a big company and I have yet to see anything other than a good job done
by any of its employees. I have seen jobs where BCI has clearly out
performed us, and that doesn't make me happy to say that necessarily, but
its true. Even the head guy there isn't a arrogant SOB like so may CEO types
can be, especially and including Brinks, judging from their legal efforts to
date. If Brinks' market wasn't geared to the low end trunk slammer market
segment, more of us here might run across them. But when you do find a
Brinks installation, it is simple enough to listen to an unending list of
complaints from the customer, give the customer your references and then get
a new customer every single time. If any single company got every
dissatisfied Brinks customer in its service area, that flood of work could
literally sink that company. Unless or until companies that provide a good
product and service, and charge a fair market price for it, make a
cooperative effort at consumer education, and simultaneously treating
Brinks, ADT etc. as the pariahs to the industry they truly deserve to be
treated like in my opinion, things won't change for the poor end user. Let's
face the truth, because it is not a joke, or being boastful, or hyperbole;
Brinks and ADT generate a ton of new profitable business, for almost no
sales effort for many an alarm company. It is literally a conflict of
interest to claim to want to help victimized end users on one hand, and
making efforts to be ridding the world of companies like Brinks and their
ilk on the other. For us, in meeting after meeting, our policy is to help
and stranded Brinks, ADT, etc, sales or service vehicle stranded on the side
of the road is restated. Those companies are the best unpaid sales force out
there. We make and hear complaints about Brinks, but there is truly not any
effort afoot at the dealer, distributor, manufacturer or anywhere else in
the industry to really do anything about them. Every one is simply making
too much money leaving things the way they are. And shame on us all when the
guys like Jim Rojas get ground up by Brinks well financed legal machinery.
Although it's not from unlocking panels necessarily, in the end most of us
are getting richer from Brinks sales efforts and our expansion Brinks'
former customer base.