Re: Alarm systems, what do you have?

Robert L Bass wrote:

> It's really pretty simple.  There's a worksheet where you enter in all
> the options you intend to use.  Then you just turn on the appropriate bits.

Sort of like you'd turn on the extra "bits" on that Napco LCD keypad so
it'll read:  "Attention Burglar!" on one line and "Go ahead.  Make my
day!" on the other...  How do you do that, by the way?

>> Thanks, but I much prefer Paradox's programming, at least on the
>> models I've worked with.
>
> I've only programmed one or two Paradox panels.  They were those
> annoying all-in-one wireless systems.

Which they didn't introduce until well *after* you left your
installation business...  So...  Where did you program these panels?  I
know....  I know...  Over the phone...  I can understand why they would
be so annoying, since the Paradox software isn't all that "clear" to
deal with...  You have to be able to think "en Francaise".  Sort of like
Leadtek (a manufacturer of computer components), only with them you have
to be able to "translate" their bad Chinese/Engrish.

> I hated them.  I understand their
> other lines are much easier to configure.

Once you understand them, yes...

> I'll try one out one of these
> days.

It might take you more than one (one of these days).