Re: Alarm systems, what do you have?

"Matt Ion" <soundy106@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Tn7Di.125891$rX4.8959@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Robert L Bass wrote:
>>> DSCs are a PITA to program.
>>

>> You're kidding, right?  They're the easiest panels in the world to
>> program from the keypad.  DSC software rots.
>
> Sure, if you like figuring out bitmapped options.

It's really pretty simple.  There's a worksheet where you enter in
all the options you intend to use.  Then you just turn on the
appropriate bits.

> Thanks, but I much prefer Paradox's programming, at least on the
> models I've worked with.

I've only programmed one or two Paradox panels.  They were those
annoying all-in-one wireless systems.  I hated them.  I understand
their other lines are much easier to configure.  I'll try one out one
of these days.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass