Re: Area Code Change: Ademco Vista 50

"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de news:
4723d629$0$32553$4c368faf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Roland Moore" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Ask your service provider if he or she has a copy of Compass for Windows.
> If
>> they don't, or don't know what you're talking about, it would be a good
>> indication it's time to switch providers. What the company might want to
> do
>> is upgrade the chip inside your Vista 50 panel, especially if it is a
> really
>> old version. Newer keypads like the 6160 reportedly have trouble with
> early
>> version of the Vista 50 without the chip upgrade. That means the whole
>> program has to be rewritten within Compass for the upgrade.
>
> Thats absurd
>
> 1. Giving an untrained individual Compass would be rather dumb, same with
> giving him a program sheet and letting him fat finger it

your the absurd one..where in hell did Roland ever said the OP to get a copy
of Compass??
he asked him to ask his provider so that the OP can se what type of alarm
dealer he has..

and at the same he is educating the OP about the fact that his provider
could reprogram the dealer by software preventing the visit of him home by
the alarm company technician..

> 2. Just because they may not have Compass doesn't mean it's time to change
> providers, I know many companies that don't download which do excellent
> service

and we know some that do download some panel and leave no protection

> 3.. His system is already up and running, no need for a chip upgrade, no
> need to have the program re-written
>
> The OP needs to define what "excessive" means, I have a feeling it isn't
> excessive at all

Excessive for you must be the amount that some dealer received from a well
known company lately ;-)