Re: Area Code Change: Ademco Vista 50

"Roland Moore" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4723b100$0$20637$4c368faf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Ask your service provider if he or she has a copy of Compass for Windows.
If
> they don't, or don't know what you're talking about, it would be a good
> indication it's time to switch providers. What the company might want to
do
> is upgrade the chip inside your Vista 50 panel, especially if it is a
really
> old version. Newer keypads like the 6160 reportedly have trouble with
early
> version of the Vista 50 without the chip upgrade. That means the whole
> program has to be rewritten within Compass for the upgrade.

Thats absurd

1. Giving an untrained individual Compass would be rather dumb, same with
giving him a program sheet and letting him fat finger it

2. Just because they may not have Compass doesn't mean it's time to change
providers, I know many companies that don't download which do excellent
service

3.. His system is already up and running, no need for a chip upgrade, no
need to have the program re-written

The OP needs to define what "excessive" means, I have a feeling it isn't
excessive at all