Re: Klan or Coincidence?

On Oct 7, 1:28 pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Jim Rojas" <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > He is also the Postmaster General, Sheriff, justice of the Peace, and the
> > local Circuit Judge...many small towns do this to save time.

RHC: You know that is one of the things I have never been able to
understand about the US justice system. They elect law enforcement
agents such as small town sheriffs etc. Law enforcement is a
profession that requires significant training of all sorts, from how
the law works, to how to handle deadly force responsibly.

I ask this in all sincerity....how can any elected official act as a
valid law enforcement officer, and uphold the law.  He could have been
doing something else completely different yesterday, and today he is
the sheriff responsible for law enforcement ??? I remember many times
over the years coming up over a hill on my motorcycle and here is a
local sheriff with his pickup truck, farmers overalls and radar
gun.....

Could someone explain this to me please

RHC