Re: Klan or Coincidence?

"Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4706a76c$0$26428$88260bb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Just Looking" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > I am certain nearly everyone does code changes for customers when
> requested.
> > So you get a code change request from a long time customer with new
> > management. The list has a lot of changes, a few additions but mostly
> > deletions. When you complete the list you realize that after everything
is
> > done, all the remaining names seem to be from only one ethnic group.
> > Coincidence? Maybe someone can't stand Cinco de Mayo or El 16 de
> Septiembre?
> > It seems that bad things still can happen when all your next of kin is
> > Mexican. I wonder if they'll refuse deliveries from UPS too since not
only
> > is the truck obviously brown, most drivers around here are as well.
>
> There may be other issues.  Is it a right to work state?  It may be that
> they fired everybody who is friendly together after a major
> incident/theft/damage was discovered, and that they were the same race was
> coincidental.  Then again maybe not.

I've been in business my whole life and seen all kinds of things.  We fired
one person because they wer elazy and wouldn't work.  Just sat on their ass
and did nothing.  They claimed discrimination because they were indian.  At
teh time we had Irish, Mexican., and Indian staff members who all were
willing to speak up on our behalf.  It was dismissed.  Another time I had a
girl make a sexual harrassment complaint against me personally after I
rebuffed her advances.  Sadly the rebuff from me was public and her attorney
told her to get lost after a pretty brief conversation with me.  One of the
saddest claims though that we dealt with was not an employee.  A fellow
threw produce on the floor so he could slip and fall on it in our grocery
store.  The xray tech and the doctor both said it looked like his arm was
broken... several weeks ago because it had already started to heal.  LOL.