Re: What's a Brinks 4000?

On Oct 18, 9:46 am, Bob La Londe <alarm_wiz...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Oct 17, 6:15 pm, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > Wow what a stupid proposal I'm reading!
> > What's a 4000? Anyone know...zones, users etc?
>
> > If I ever wrote a proposal like this, I'd not sell a damn thing.
>
> > --
> > Crash Gordon
> > -------ouch------
>
> > <I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe>
>
> After reading this thread for a while I have to ask, "Do you really
> want this customer?"  Sounds like they are after the bottom line
> cheapest possible solution baring most other considerations.  When I
> get these I try once to educate them and then I walk away.  Is it
> worth the headache, also are they going to pay for a repair agreement
> or are they going to call you because "your alarm," is broken
> demanding you fix it for free after they did a remodel and cut wires
> arbitrarily becauee they were in their way?

* I already do two of his homes which are monster systems...
* he's a good guy...it's  his partner that's a PITA middle-eastern
* bargainer.
* Crash Gordon

Ok, I understand.  You can try two different tactics with that.

1.  Explain that you are in business to make money just like they are
and that you deserve to make a modest profit for your labors.  I have
found that the more successful (also more likely to pay their bill and
on time) business respond fairly well to this.  You can remind them
that you are a local businessman and that your modest profits go to
pay taxes for the same roads he drives on and the same schools his
kids attend, and that much of what you have left goes to feed the
local economy.  Not some execs six figure income in another state.

2.  You can say, hey.  I have to feed my family and pay my bills to
take care of them.  If I let you talk me into working for free I am
dishonoring my family and disrespecting God.  Even the bible (old
testament and in the Q'uran too I think) says its just as wrong to
allow people to cheat you as it is to cheat others.

Its up to you to decided how far to go with either approach, and which
one you feel more comfortable with.  The advantage to either approach
is because its true its easy to sell.  I used to tell all my techs
that nothing sells like integrity.  Its true.