Re: Brink's money talks.

Item number one is a bit funny. Large suppliers seem ecstatic with Brinks
for its prompt payment. Generally when companies are struggling financially
they tend to stretch their accounts payable. This doesn't seem to be the
case at present with large vendors I have spoken to about Brinks. I will
make some further inquires. RLB might know more about manufacturers acting
afraid of how much they have extended to Brinks. Direct suppliers we have
don't deal with Brinks much and the few that do say only very good things
about Brinks payment history. They certainly don't say that about us all the
time, especially when we go on credit hold!
Item # 2, I can't say anything about really. I wasn't trying to get into
their business, I was commenting on them getting into mine. Double digit
rates of attrition don't seem to suggest a sustainable business model. Ours
seems to be at less than one percent per year. But for some reason you can
never get rid of the customers you really want to get rid of.
For number 3, what did they sell and when did they sell it?
That is funny you would say that. about item #5. I keep hearing that TYCO
cut itself up into three and the branch that includes American Dynamics is
going to make a big purchase. Brinks? I would guess some other manufacturer.
But who? If Brinks is suffering an Enron problem then you need to keep a
seat warm for them in the Dallas courthouse. Trim the fat? I think that what
my doctor told me. Brinks too? Who would have thought that?
Item 7, seems like there are always speculators winning big, or the other
way around.
Item 8, ADT buys Brinks accounts? Wow, that is going to make for a lot of
take over possibilities for companies (that like residential accounts) to
grab up.

"Jim Rojas" <jrojas+tech-man.com> wrote in message
> In my opinion:
>
> 1. Brinks may be in serious financial trouble. They are looking for new
> avenues of RMR. Why not steal commercial accounts from ADT? All's fair
> right? We all know ADT doesn't really need the money anyway.
> 2. Their attrition rate finally hit the double digits. A huge increase
> from last years numbers, according to trade magazine sources.
> 3. Brinks parent company was forced to sell off part of the holdings to
> stay afloat.
> 4. Mark Leuck says there is no number 4.
> 5. According to many financial reports, the word on wall street is that
> Brinks is ripe for a hostile takeover.
> 6. Brinks maybe suffering from ENRON syndrome. Brinks may be planning a
> merger or a white elephant sale. They need to trim the fat now before
> the shit hits the fan.
> 7. Wayne Hyzinga might be persuaded to buy Brinks a contingency lick it
> & flip it basis.
> 8. ADT just may be stupid enough to buy back all the accounts they lost
> to Brinks...but I have been proven wrong before.
>
> Jim Rojas
>

> Just Looking wrote:
> >> damn near every sentence in this "story" is untrue....
> > I didn't use the word story in the post. And, for the record, no one is
> > saying what I called a story in earlier posts is a story anymore, even
Mark
> > Leuck. It did happen the way I said it did, although Leuck disputes the
term
> > "hush money" to describe the payment for the event and seems to think
there
> > is no reason on earth why he should have known about the event, other
than
> > originally being certain it didn't happen. To me that alone suggests
that he
> > felt he should be in a position to know to be able to say it didn't
happen.
> > But at least he can't say that anymore. He has been mum on why the
policy
> > that caused it in the first place wasn't challenged earlier, especially
by
> > him. In fact he has not acknowledged anything about the status of the
policy
> > that may well be in force as we speak. How reassuring for customers!
> >
> > So instead of saying everything is wrong or untrue in the post, pick one
> > aspect at a time please and let's figure out the truth. I know my
sources,
> > and so far have no reason not to trust them, perhaps I should according
> > you? So what in your eyes is erroneous in the post?
> >
> > 1)Brink's has offices in Houston and Dallas geared to small commercial
> > operations, distinct from its regular residential sales operations?
> > 2)Brink's uses Bosch's AEC for access control?
> > 3)Brink's has an interest in expanding small commercial offices like the
two
> > currently in Texas nationwide, most likely to Florida next?
> >
> > "BDEBJ" <biteme@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> "someone" has no clue what they're talking about!!
> >> damn near every sentence in this "story" is untrue....
> >>

> >> "Just Looking" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > world
> > Brinks
> > the