Re: Remove a zone from ADT alarm system

> 1. Most smaller panels are programmed on site so >chances are they do not
have a copy of his system. This >is a common practice with most companies
unless they >are propriatary. (I think you mean proprietary)

If you don't have an image of the panel program on file, then suck up the
panel's program.

>2. What are the chances of the system being hosed
> over the phone and nothing working and than what >would the cost be.

The chance of the panel program being hosed by a download? Almost none in my
experience. Even on Bosch panels that end up with a CRC error from
downloading can be unscrewed by blowing down a default program, and then
blowing the original program back down to it. Complete testing of the
systems after doing a download like that is certainly an absolute.
Additionally we required both a signed written statement and a signed
service ticket when zones are removed from the system permanently. It would
be easy to do the programming remotely, but testing and signing paperwork
would end up with a service call and/or office visit.