Re: Remove a zone from ADT alarm system

On Nov 4, 3:26 pm, goT1G...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have two wireless contacts that are no longer in use due to a
> remodel.  ADT will not tell me over the phone how to remove the zones
> that are associated with them.  Instead they want to send a service
> tech out and charge me for it.  I know this is a simple matter of
> pressing a few keys and I don't want to shell out close to a hundred
> bucks for this.
>
> Does anyone know how to remove these zones that are not in use
> anymore?  I have a safewatch Pro 3000 EN system.
>
> PLEASE HELP.  THANKS>

RHC: As much as I dislike the Borg, I have to agree with the other
posters. Why would you expect them to work for nothing ? And it is not
a reasonable request for you to ask them to allow you to mess around
with the software where it's quite likely you would mess things up
royally ! On the other hand, I don't understand why ADT can't simply
dial in and disable these zones for you....it would also be cheaper
for them (and possibly for you, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that
one....)

You might want to ask them that question.......