Re: Brinks To Pay Fine For Emissions Violations

> We as a country should follow Brazil's example. I heard it is
> illegal to purchase any gasoline powered vehicle there now. Brazil
> now uses 100 percent biodiesel and ethanol powered vehicles.

Brazil does use lots of ethanol fuel.  They make the alcohol from
cane sugar, which grows in huge quantities there.  However, most cars
still use regular gasoline.  My car can use gasoline or "gasohol" but
my motorcycle uses regular gas as do virtually all bikes in Brazil.

Speaking of bikes, a few days ago as I was riding home from
Pelourinho (the historical district) I heard met someone riding a
Harley.  They're very rare in Brazil.  It was the first one I'd seen
there.  As we waited for a light he nodded and I asked in Portuguese
where he was from.

He said, "New Jersey."  :^)

--

Regards,