Re: Raising and Lowering Security Cameras

"Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in

> It's interesting that the contractor has apparently
> cited OSHA (inferred from the OP's initial post).
> I may be wrong but TTBOMK there is no 10 foot
> restriction from OSHA.  There could be a stricter
> local or state regulation but I doubt it.
>
> Following is a link to the OSHA general ladder
> regulation.  There are numerous application
> specific regulations though so this isn't all
> encompassing.

I think it has to do with tying off. I know that in the industrial regs
you have to tie off above 4 feet. I am not sure about construction, but i
think that id where the 10 foot rule is.
Sounds like the contractor dosen't want to buy hs workers any safety
equipment.

OT- why 4 feet? you have to climb higher than that to tie off a 6 foot
lead and then if you do fall you still hit the ground because of the
"soft break" feature in most tie off lanyards today.

"never uderestimate the stupidity of bearocracies in large numbers"