Re: New House Alarm - Am I locked out?

jasonextras@xxxxxxxxx wrote in
news:1178227079.714589.93990@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> On May 3, 2:14 pm, "Picklesheimer" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in
>> messagenews:l-GdnWJPGs3DhqfbnZ2dnUVZ_oGlnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>> > Correct.  In this case, considering the way he
>> > has been abused by the alarm company, I'd
>> > do it for my cost.  No one should have to
>> > accept that kind of treatment from any company,
>> > especially not one that is entrusted with his
>> > security.
>>
>> wrong, he's not trusting this company with his security.  if he was
>> there would be no problem.  he is trusting himself with his security
>> and wants them to do it for him without signing their contract.  they
>> won't do that. that'd be like buying parts from you and not
>> authorizing your credit card payment page.  you wouldn't do it either
>> without that "contract" , would you?
>
> Wait, so you're equating them shutting off equipment that was paid for
> and owned in full to Robert not wanting to give away free equipment?
> The system was paid for and fully functional... then they shut it
> down.  I, the new owner, have no commitment to them beyond the fact
> that I now own the equipment they installed and then subsequently
> disabled.  My offer of paying them to come out and correct the issue
> was a gesture of good faith, nothing more.  Since I own the equipment
> and the system should have never been disabled in the first place, I
> offered to pay the tech to come out and permanently resolve the
> situation, which they refused.  This was the part where they claimed
> it is only illegal to lock you out of the system if the smoke
> detectors are hooked into it.  The fact is I shouldn't have to pay
> them to come out because they shouldn't have disabled it in the first
> place.  I do not want them responsible for my security, given the poor
> state of their customer service.  I think I can do better on my own
> with the help of the kindly people of this group, and there must
> certainly be a better monitoring company I can go with when I choose
> to do so.

I agree with your views on most all counts, HOWEVER, i have to ask.  Is
it worth the fight? A service call from a local provider and a new
control board is going to be easier on your nerves and possibly your
wallet. Call someone local. if you are going to have it monitored they
may swap the board for free.

"You know who" has already shown their heavy handed tactics to get you to
sign a contract. Do you really think a service call from them would be
any different?

Take this experience as a lesson on who not to deal with, and be sure to
pass the info to all who will listen. They are in the marketing business,
not the security business.