Re: Special Window Protection

I've never used them, I've looked at them before and thought they would be
great in a house with a basement, but most houses in this area are on slabs
with no basement.

Doug

On May 29, 11:41?pm, "Doug" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If its open all the way most times, then any type of sensor that relies on
> the window moving isn't going to be effective.
>
> If beams or alarm screens are unacceptable the maybe a stress sensor would
> work, either on the sill or on the floor directly under the window.
>
> I don't know if these will work or not, the link says they will work under
> window sill, they might be worth looking at.
>
> http://www.sureaction.com/pulsor.htm
>
> Doug
>
> --

Sureaction make an excellent product. A little expensive but it does
the job.

I use their sensors on (under) the decks of boats when I do a boat
alarm system. I've got some of their sensors installed for over 10
years. In this area, boating season is only about six months long and
then the boats are winterized and sit for the other six months. Not
the best conditions for any kind of alarm system. I've never had a
stess sensor fail. A wide range of adjustability. Except for the cost
of putting them all around the house, they'd be a great substitute for
motion detection.