Re: Need Design Project Advice

>> No, I don't think I misled him...

Sure you did and it was no accident.

>> In case you aren't aware, RCA
>> plugs are also known as phono plugs.

We both know full well that "Phono"
refers to a 1/4" plug with a center conductor
and a sleave or a center conductor, a ring
and a sleave.  Wikipedia articles are written
by anyone and everyone who feels like
contributing.  Wikipedia is not an expert
source.

You also knew that the device I sell is not a
BNC to RCA connector which is what the
gentleman requested.  It is also not the
same as the devices from competing vendors
to which you compared it.

As usual, your post was misleading and offered
nothing of use to the reader -- just another
dig because of personal differences between us.
It's a shame you have nothing better to offer.

At any rate, since I don't get much of a break
on connectors and cables I don't offer major
discounts on them the way I do with most of
the things guys like you sell (typically at
300% to 500% markup).  That's why I didn't
bother offering to sell anything to the OP.  If
he wanted something where my prices are
competitive I'd have said something.

FWIW, when I'm selling a system and the client
needs a few items that I know he can buy better
locally or even at one of my competitors I tell
him so.  I've found customers really appreciate
it because they know I'm not trying to "sell
them the store" -- just what they need.  You can
snipe all you like but it won't change a thing.  I
still offer better prices and better support on my
major product lines than anyone else.

By the way, competition is getting lighter lately.  In
addition to a certain individual who used to post
a lot of trash here, Nassau Security is now belly
up.  Alpine is gone.  Two of the larger California-
based online vendors have been seeking buyers
as well.  Your pals have predicted my downfall for
about 8 or 9 years now.  I'm still here.  Most of
them are not, including many "brick and mortar"
alarm companies.

So keep on sniping.  Every time you mention my
company you make Google think it's more important
and I get a few more visitors.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass