Need Design Project Advice

Hello everyone,

I am an electrical engineering student working on my senior design
project and what my group and I came up with was a security system to
monitor activity in a new building's design area.  So far I have
developed a motion detection algorithm using MATLAB and a webcam,
however, we will be using actual security camera's for the design.

My question to anyone is what would be the best way to connect a
minimum of 8 camera's to a PC so that I can implement my algorithm on
them.  I would need it to do is be able to select which camera I want
to check for motion (each camera having a unique device number) and
use MATLAB.  With the research I have done so far, most of the
camera's that fits our budget have RCA cables.

I am not looking for someone to do my project for me, just some
advice.

Any idea's would be appreciated..

Thanks,

Kevin