Re: Mini Storage Security

> Keep repeating it and eventually you'll believe it yourself.

I've sold countless commercial fire alarms to DIYers.
There has never been a single case where they
were denied a permit.  I realize you would like to
believe that this work can only be done by licensed
installers such as yourself but it simply isn't so.

Here's a URL to our commercial fire alarm systems
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/categtype_29.htm
We've been in the trade for over 30 years and have
been selling commercial fire alarms online for 9
years.  This is a routine matter for us.  While not
as common as DIY burglar alarms, intercoms and
CCTV installations, DIY commercial fire alarms
are becoming more popular lately.  Part of that is
certainly due to cost savings.  A professionally
installed fire alarm can easily cost 3 to 5 times as
much as the same hardware, self-installed.

It is important to understand the limitations though.
If the building is being built or modified for sale to
a third party (usually within 2 years of completion)
then the job needs to be done by a professional.
In some states there is a maximum dollar amount
of a construction project above which DIY is not
permitted.  The objective there is to limit work
being done for pay to owners and their employees.

It is understandable that some in the trade might
be confused about this.  On occasion I've had to
provide documentation, including a printed copy of
the applicable statute, to the building inspector.

We carry nearly 1,400 fire alarm systems and
components. Here's a partial list of our fire alarm
system manufacturers:

Ademco / Honeywell Fire Alarm Systems
Alarm Controls Corp
Amseco