Re: Mini Storage Security

> how would you know.  once you've got your
> money and the parts are shipped you're out
> of the loop.

I'm usually involved from the point when the
DIY client selects his system through the
installation, programming and testing.  There
are usually questions to field about which
sensors to use, battery calculations, etc.
If the inspector isn't satisfied with something
in the submittals, I help the client find an
alternative.  That isn't too often, fortunately,
but it happens.  This is of course before the
purchase.

Once the equipment is delivered, clients
often have questions about wiring, connection
and configuration.  Most of the time I know
the answer but if I'm not sure I check with
the manufacturer's tech support and pass on
the information.

When the installation is done there are
sometimes questions about configuration,
though these aren't as common as I once
expected.  Many of the manuals are thorough
and at least somewhat readable these days
-- certainly better than a lot of burglar alarm
manuals and most clients get through those
alright.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass