Re: Church told to hang own fire panel

>>> I was part owner of a Piper Cherokee
>>> about 20 years ago...
>>
>> Suuure, you were.
>
> Strange I don't recall you being there however
> since you were just coming off probation it's
> just as well...

Wrong again.

>>> I don't find that suprising at all, businesses
>>> think they'll save a few bucks...
>>
>> More like thousands of dollars.  A while back
>> I sold a system -- three systems really -- to
>> a condomimium complex.  They had 3
>> structures to protect.  The lowest bidder wanted
>> upwards of $100,000 for the whole project.
>>
>> They bought the hardware from me for less than
>> $30,000.  Their electrician installed it for another
>> $25K or so.  ADT wanted over $140,000 plus
>> a ridiculous monthly fee for inspections and
>> monitoring.  They hired a local alarm company to
>> handle monitoring, maintenance and testing.
>> Compared to ADT they saved a mere $95,000
>> up front plus about 3/4 of the annual fees.
>
> Suuure they did

Believe whatever makes you feel good.

>> That's what you said when I told you my
>> company was developing software for a new
>> series of fire alarms.  You were so sure that
>> I couldn't do it... until I put M Leuck, J
>> Stevens and RL Bass in the help system that
>> ships with the software.  :^)
>
> It wasn't "your" company it was your sister's...

Nope.  It is (not "was") a partnership between
three of us.

> (stated by you), you didn't write the software

Correct.  I designed the app but I did not write
the code.  My brother is a much more experienced
programmer than I am.

I also had a voice in designing the firmware
though we declined to write it.  Edwards originally
hired another outside programmer to do the firmware.
He was an ex-FBII engineer.  Unfortunately, he
was unable to finish so Edwards' inside people
did it.

> you wrote a helpfile for the software (also
> stated by you) and I never stated you couldn't
> do it although writing a Winhelp file is pretty
> easy stuff since I've had mine going for almost
> 10 years now.

I've seen your work.  There's much more to
designing an effective help system than what
you did.

> Hey I'll put some neato names in mine just
> to show how really awsome I am using a
> keyboard

Try designing something worth placing your
name on it first.

>> Several of your pals used to predict how my
>> business was about to (1) fall apart; (2) get
>> closed by the state; (3) be shut down by my
>> suppliers; etc.  I'm still here.  Many of them
>> are not.  I'm still running my business
>> catering successfully to DIYers who want to
>> install their own alarms while you continue
>> working in your cubicle at Monitronics.
>
> Well you finally spelled the name correctly...

I deliberately misspelled it.  The company you
work for has been the subject of hundreds of
complaints from it's own customers.  That's
not the same thing as a few of your pals sending
emails to the BBB several times a month pretending
to be my customers.

> and if you've paid attention all these years
> I've not done 1, 2 or 3 however It is has always
> been my opinion that while your business did
> better than what people like Mike would
> like others to believe I seriously doubt it's done
> anywhere close to what you brag often about.

Often?  I rarely give any indication of how
much I sell.  The business is doing fine though.
Most of the others whose owners posted here
are gone now.  There are still lots of competing
online alarm stores.  Mine's just the biggest and
the best but I'm kind of prejudiced.  :^)

>> Feel free to pretend that no one but a paid
>> alarm installer can wire up these simple
>> systems.  FWIW, I've spent more years
>> installing and servicing alarms than you've
>> been in the business.  Alarm work  isn't just
>> easy to do.  It's easy to teach, too.  I do it
>> all the time.
>> My customers prove you're
>> wrong every day.
>
> Yes many of them provide licensed alarm techs
> business to finish the messes you've helped start

Name one.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass