Re: Church told to hang own fire panel

"Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in message
news:KpqdnYVMwJQbTNLbnZ2dnUVZ_hSdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > I was part owner of a Piper Cherokee
> > about 20 years ago...
>
> Suuure, you were.

Strange I don't recall you being there however since you were just coming
off probation it's just as well.

> > I don't find that suprising at all, businesses
> > think they'll save a few bucks...
>
> More like thousands of dollars.  A while back
> I sold a system -- three systems really -- to
> a condomimium complex.  They had 3
> structures to protect.  The lowest bidder wanted
> upwards of $100,000 for the whole project.
>
> They bought the hardware from me for less than
> $30,000.  Their electrician installed it for another
> $25K or so.  ADT wanted over $140,000 plus
> a ridiculous monthly fee for inspections and
> monitoring.  They hired a local alarm company to
> handle monitoring, maintenance and testing.
> Compared to ADT they saved a mere $95,000
> up front plus about 3/4 of the annual fees.

Suuure they did

> That's what you said when I told you my
> company was developing software for a new
> series of fire alarms.  You were so sure that
> I couldn't do it... until I put M Leuck, J
> Stevens and RL Bass in the help system that
> ships with the software.  :^)

It wasn't "your" company it was your sister's (stated by you), you didn't
write the software you wrote a helpfile for the software (also stated by
you) and I never stated you couldn't do it although writing a Winhelp file
is pretty easy stuff since I've had mine going for almost 10 years now.

Hey I'll put some neato names in mine just to show how really awsome I am
using a keyboard

> Several of your pals used to predict how my
> business was about to (1) fall apart; (2) get
> closed by the state; (3) be shut down by my
> suppliers; etc.  I'm still here.  Many of them
> are not.  I'm still running my business
> catering successfully to DIYers who want to
> install their own alarms while you continue
> working in your cubicle at Monitronics.

Well you finally spelled the name correctly, and if you've paid attention
all these years I've not done 1, 2 or 3 however It is has always been my
opinion that while your business did better than what people like Mike would
like others to believe I seriously doubt it's done anywhere close to what
you brag often about.

> Feel free to pretend that no one but a paid
> alarm installer can wire up these simple
> systems.  FWIW, I've spent more years
> installing and servicing alarms than you've
> been in the business.  Alarm work  isn't just
> easy to do.  It's easy to teach, too.  I do it
> all the time.
> My customers prove you're
> wrong every day.

Yes many of them provide licensed alarm techs business to finish the messes
you've helped start