Re: What if a burglar breaks in and short out the wire on my keypad

Jim wrote:
> On Mar 21, 6:30�pm, JoeRaisin <joerai...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Come to think of it, a couple of years ago a beverage company had a
>>break in where the kid smashed the keypad and figured since it shut up
>>he was home free and took his time perusing the selection. �(no siren)
>>
>>The cop snagged him up as he crawled back out the window with his carton
>>of cigs and six pack of beer.
>>
>>Anyway... the keypad bus was dead until I disconnected the wires from
>>the remnants of the circuit board.
>>
>>(FA162)
>>
>>Side note: �14 year old kid, three o'clock in the morning - summertime.
>>
>>Until he got arrested, Mom thought he was spending the summer at Dad's
>>house and Dad thought he was with Mom. �For TWO F@#*ING MONTHS!!!!
>>

> Sounds like a close knit family.
>
> On the other hand, at 14 I was sneaking out of the house at night,
> walking down the street to my girl friends house, whose mother
> (divorced) worked all night. Up the fire escape 2 stories, to the
> bedroom window. Back home before my parents woke up.

I did my share of sneaking out also, until my dad (who thought I was
safely tucked in) had to come pick me up at the police station (curfew
violation) at 3 am.  The rest of the story gets a little fuzzy...

>  I was "stealing" a little something too. Talk about bunny rabbits.
> Jeeeeze.
>

> To this day ..... every time I see a fire escape, ........ I get a
> little "twinge"

A fire escape fetish... That's a new one...

I was simply aghast that neither this kid's mom nor dad talked to each
other about their son's welfare for two months while he was crashing out
at friends' houses or just hanging out all night.

I may have never been up for parent of the year but that sort of
indifference really grates on me.  Especially lately.