Re: Lights for yard signs

Robert L Bass wrote:
>> I'm not certain how you qualify "far worse"...
>
> I was speaking to and of you.  Look,
> you've said and done some really nasty
> things and I've done the same to you.
> You say it's water over the dam.  OK
> then, forget about it.  I'm willing.

OK.  I'll "bite".  What "nasty things" have I done to you?  Let's review.

I decided to file a complaint about you with the State.  What you were
doing (selling monitoring services) amounted to activity requiring a
license in Florida (according to the Statutes).  Where did the complaint
go??  Well, the form I filed was readily available on their website, but
as "luck" would have it, there was something wrong with their coding and
they never got the complaint (which meant they never acted on it).  I
never bothered refiling.

So...  what other "nastiness" did I do?  Let's see...  I contacted DSC
to apprise them of the fact that you were providing their panel software
on your website as a free download.  That's a huge no-no, Robert.  It's
called "software piracy" and in many states (and countries), that crime
carries very severe penalties.  It took all of 23 minutes for them to
shut you down.

And that's the sum total of any "nastiness" on my part that actually
mentnioned *you* specifically.  You will, of course, now drag up the
phone call to ADI, Clearwater in which you maintain I was asking
specifically about you.  I never mentioned your name, who I was, or
where I was calling from.  That's the only time I ever called ADI in the
Florida.  I've called different US offices on many occasions but none of
those calls were about (or even mentioned) you.

>> I can't think of anything "far worse"
>> than deliberately fabricating a lie
>> about someone and actually telling
>> it to their employer...
>
> You may believe what you like about
> Graham, but I didn't lie.

You keep saying that.  Graham sent me (and a few others) everything you
forwarded to his boss and I say you did (and continue to) lie.  Why do
you persist?  Let it go, Robert.  I guarantee you'll feel better for it.

> He did much
> more than you think he did.

Yes.  He actually paid to receive a copy of your criminal record and
then was stupid enough to phone you to tell you about it.

> I told the
> truth.

Your version of "the truth" also has me behind a counter at a "small
distributor" in Vancouver (a little something you "mentioned" a few days
   back - in passing - without actually naming names).  You see?  Until
you apologize, the whole thing's "open" to your whim.  Put it to bed,
Robert.

> I also warned him several times
> but he persisted.  It cost him dearly
> but that's on him.

Nope.  It actually didn't cost him his job.  That's another "lie" you
like to persist in.  I think it actually cost you more.

>> ... I don't think you can expect
>> forgiveness right away though)...
>
> I didn't ask for forgiveness.

I doubt you'd get it right now.  But give it some time.  The sooner you
apologize the easier it will be to start the process.  Who knows...  You
might actually live to see someone forgive you (at least that's *my* hope).

> You and
> a few others made the newsgroup a
> war zone.   I participated in that war for
> some time.  All I'm saying is I don't
> want to continue fighting.  You can
> do whatever you want.

I'm done with fighting too.  That's not to say I won't "correct" your
version of the truth.  Google remains an outstanding resource for anyone
wanting to know what really happened here.