Re: ADI Pricing question

Roland wrote:
> ADI pricing to dealers is a function of volume. If the counter guy doesn't
> know your account number first, he will seldom quote you the correct price.
> Additionally it is not the ADI folks that set actual pricing on Honeywell
> gear. That is determined by special pricing via special SKU on your account
> number from the Honeywell guy. You can bet that guys like Bass are in fact
> probably paying 54% of what you pay for the exact same gear.
> If you're a high volume dealer then Honeywell will get down and dirty with
> pricing. If not then wait for the monthly sales fliers if you want a good
> deal, (or see if Bass or someone like him will cut you some slack).

I seriously doubt Bass has the "volume" you think he has so suggesting
the OP arranges to purchase product through him (or any legitimate
high-volume Dealer) is just plain "nuts".  We get good pricing from ADI
because they want more of our business and they know we "shop" for the
best deal.  When you have three distributors in town all within
"spittin' distance" of each other, it's pretty easy to maintain a lid on
pricing.

To the OP:

Send ADI a copy of the invoice for the 20P you purchased last year and
tell them that if they really want your business, they'd better
straighten up.