Re: ADI Pricing question

> I seriously doubt Bass has the "volume"
> you think he has so suggesting the OP
> arranges to purchase product through
> him (or any legitimate high-volume
> Dealer) is just plain "nuts"...

I have no idea what volume the gentleman
thinks I do.  It's enough to get decent prices
from several distributors and a few direct
manufacturers.

Any established dealer can at least get
close to the same prices I do from any of
my vendors so you're right that he's better
off negotiating with ADI himself.

I'm able to help a few small dealers and
I usually do but once they have enough
business they invariably get their own
accounts.  I don't mind that.  In fact I fully
expect it.  Until they do I make a few
extra dollars and my volume also goes
up so it's good for both but it's never
a good long-term solution to buy from
your competitor -- whether it's an online
dealer or a high volume local outfit.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass