Re: Difference between digital phone and VOIP

I think that the cable systems digital service is closer to traditional
phone service than VoIP, it may be that it just uses a different medium
(cable instead of copper pairs) to transmit the local part of the call from
the subscribers premises to a central office. With VoIP,  everything is
transmitted over the internet and problems arise because of varying speeds
in which the packets are transmitted and received. I'm just speculating
since I don't really know the answer. (RLB-insert stupid comment here).

Doug