CCTV connection to VCR

Ok, I'm new to CCTV equipment, but recently I was given a
Panasonic WV-BL600 cctv camera and a National electronics M1200
CCTV B/W monitor...and a Sharp VC-H942 VCR...(can get pics if needed)

I got the camera and cctv monitor functioning together...but having
trouble
trying to setup the vcr to record its video sessions.

if you need pics email me:  kompukit@xxxxxxxxx

I know (from reading posts here) that you go from camera "out" to vcr
"in",
then from vcr out to tv in, then make sure channels are selected on
both monitors and tv. The vcr works to tv,when viewing movies, but
other then that it does not. What am I doing wrong here? HELP

The cctv  monitor has bnc connections (2) one in and one out.
the TV has two sets of AV connections
and so does VCR (one in front and one in rear.)

I use a bnc male to RCA female adapter from going from cctv out to vcr
in
please help..as i need this for my store security.