Re: CCTV connection to VCR

kompukit@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Ok, I'm new to CCTV equipment, but recently I was given a
> Panasonic WV-BL600 cctv camera and a National electronics M1200
> CCTV B/W monitor...and a Sharp VC-H942 VCR...(can get pics if needed)

I can't find anything online about that VCR other than assorted listings
for IR remote codes.  Is this a standard home-style VCR, or an actual
time-lapse unit?

> The cctv  monitor has bnc connections (2) one in and one out.
> the TV has two sets of AV connections
> and so does VCR (one in front and one in rear.)
>
> I use a bnc male to RCA female adapter from going from cctv out to vcr
> in
> please help..as i need this for my store security.

Since you can playback tapes to the monitor, it sounds like you have the
VCR->Monitor connection right... so the issue is getting the camera
signal into the VCR.  Have you tried both inputs (front and rear)?  Is
there a switch or on-screen menu to select which input you're using?