Re: Alarmforce's Equipment

news:1182530745.129036.11210@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Jun 22, 9:57?am, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> > yep the old junk
>>
>> I had a ton of headaches with the "newer" 10-15 year old stuff.  Constant
>> battery issues, interference from othe sources blocking transmitters, and
>> its a pain to change the batteries.
>>
>> While I recognixze that Inovonics and ITI have some pretty darn good
>> wireless, I have to say I've had absolutely the least trouble with Napco
>> wireless in normal uses.  I've got some huge houses running with a single
>> centrally located receiver that have worked flawlessly for the life of
>> the
>> transmitter batteries for about 5 years now.  Then they only indicate low
>> battery and don't go flaky.
>>

> I've had the same experience. As I've mentioned before, I always do a
> preliminary transmitter/receiver placement survey first, to make sure
> all locataion are giving me a 6 or higher signal strength. I do this
> because on a few of my first installs, after a period of time, when
> going back on a call, I'd noticed that some of the previously higher
> readings had dropped. Probably just from things that had changed on
> the job. So now, if I start at a 6, there's not much that could bring
> it below the minimum of 3.
>
> I just added 6 more transmitters to a 64 transmitter job the other
> day. Been installed about 5 years now with only low battery troubles.
> I do have two receivers though.
>
> When Napco first came out with their wireless, I was speaking with one
> of their engineers. He said that they'd really done their homework on
> the wireless before releasing it. He said they'd used ITI as their
> guide. I can truthfully say that except for a few transmitters with
> bad reed switches and a couple of "battery eaters" I don't have any
> problems with their wireless.

I've noticed they're the only manufacturer that uses Full-Sized Half-Wave
Dipole antennas on their receivers, it definitely helps the receiver hear
better... I like the fact that more than one receiver can be used on their
Gemini panels. Now, if Napco would come out with Honeywell Style keypads,
I'd be a happy camper..... :-))