Re: ASI Internet Communicator

Jim wrote:
> On Jun 22, 10:53?am, Anders <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Using a mail server adds a lot of config. Many ISP's block
>> outgoing port 25, so you would have to configure each unit
>> with server, login credentials AND the destination email address.
>> The mail server(s) becomes just as much an "xtra dedicated site" as
>> what AZS has.
>>
>> We've arrived at a similar architecture as ASZ, although we built
>> it into our controllers directly and also moved the whole config UI
>> out to our hosted web servers, so no need for any client software -
>> just a browser.
>>
>> http://www.interopix.com
>>
> Why can't it work the same way as when you set up a DVR?
>
> The Mfg hosts a site at no charge and keeps track of the DVR. When you
> want to log on from anyplace in the world, you use your browser to
> enter your pass word and you're looking at your DVR'd cameras. It
> can't be that hard to do. The central would have the server and .....
> etc.  Right?

I can't come up with a reason why that would not work...

We're moving all data through our back-end server, and bandwidth
is not a big concern for us (we're just moving config, control commands
and some audio streams). To get higher throughput for the video you'd
probably want to to a hand-over to the client instead of relaying
everything through the server, but there are proven methods to do
that (P2P clients), so there is nothing that needs to be invented.

</A>