Brinks, Slomins Shield, or ADT?

I want to go with one of these systems. I'm not happy that they make
you sign up for 3 years without a trial period. I freely admit I know
nothing about these. Can someone with no affiliation to any of these
please give me some advice as to which is the best option? Would I
still need window bars with these? I was just told that a first floor
tenant had someone try and break into his apt. the last few nights,
and I want to protect my home, and make him feel secure.

Any help would be much appreciated. Please, no sales pitches!