Re: Brinks, Slomins Shield, or ADT?

On Jun 29, 7:27 pm, aryder <alanry...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I want to go with one of these systems. I'm not happy that they make
> you sign up for 3 years without a trial period. I freely admit I know
> nothing about these. Can someone with no affiliation to any of these
> please give me some advice as to which is the best option? Would I
> still need window bars with these? I was just told that a first floor
> tenant had someone try and break into his apt. the last few nights,
> and I want to protect my home, and make him feel secure.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated. Please, no sales pitches! <

Try www.buyerzone.com
Submit a request to receive bids from competing alarm companies.
Find a company offering panels that DO NOT have dialer delays.
This enhanced call verification crap is dangerous.
And since you don't want a sales pitch I won't mention that many
participants here do business in the NY Tristate area and offer better
service than any of the 3 you mentioned.

As a former dealer for Brinks I can tell you they are not who you want
protecting your house.
Slomins is an oil company using cheap equipment, 5 year contracts, and
they place a lien on your home.
ADT is great on the sales pitch but lousy on the service end.
I know for FACT they have some ex cons installing systems for them in
NY. In CT they sub the work out.
Their police background checks are a joke. Hell they have an
authorized dealer in Florida, Kendall Windham, who spent time in jail
for counterfeiting, who was (strangely enough) a professional
wrestler.

It's great that you want to protect your home but spend a little more
time doing the research.