Re: Brinks, Slomins Shield, or ADT?

Sir, as one of the other posters suggested, you might want to call in
a small, local dealer. At the very least, he can give you a more
customized solution to securing your residence. It may also be
possible to find one who will not lock you into a long term contract,
but if so, expect to pay full market price for the system up front.
But contract or not, go with the dealer who gives you the best feeling/
solution/ professional approach, and not necessarily the lowest price.

You should also pay close attention to the physical aspects of
securing your home to help to keep them out to start with. It doesn't
make much sense to spend major dollars on an electronic solution to
warn if they are already in the home unless you have taken the
necessary simple precautions to keep them out to start with. Alarms
are an important part of your home defence system but definately not
the first thing nor the only thing you need to do.

Doors should be solid, locks of good quality, and most important, the
strikes should be strong and well anchored into the frame of the
building. Window bars work well, but make sure they do not present a
safety hazard (they should be of the kind that are easily removeable
from the inside). Walk around your home and try to spot the easy
points of entry; then do something about them. Patio doors must also
be secured properly.

My website has information on it about most aspects of securing your
home properly if you care to spend a little time researching the
subject

R.H.Campbell
Home Security Metal Products
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada