Re: the police was dispatched to ... the wrong house

Robert L Bass wrote:

> Since the vast majority of DIYers don't want CS
> monitoring, there's almost no chance of one of
> them causing the kind of problem this "professional"
> installer did.

Most false alarms are caused by alarm USERS, not by "faulty
installations" (or "professional installer" error) as Mr. Bass would
have you believe.  When it *is* an "equipment problem", it's usually a
specific device (like a motion sensor) or some other factor
(environmental or the famous:  "I just replaced the front door and for
some reason I can't arm my system" service call).  A professionally
installed and maintained monitored security system will provide the
end-user with the best and most reliable protection.  "Budget" or
"Low-Down/Zero-Down" systems don't afford much in the way of personal
security either.  And *anyone* that says spending a few hours on the
phone with some Nimrod in Sarasota, Pokipsy, or "where-ever", is all
that's required to install a complete security system is really trying
to sell you something (and believe me, it's more than "just" alarm parts).