Re: Problem With ADT System - Need Advice

Ok, lets start slowly for you...

Your right Sonitrol is a "listen in technology" that offers "Alarm
verification" and as far the Police are concerned this makes the call from a
Sonitrol central station a higher priority than if your or any other alarm
company called them. This is per the Police departments SOP nor Sonitrol's.

Your Hitler comment is embarrassing... yes, to you.

All alarm companies  have misses,  life sucks. We are the only company
(please enlighten me if there is another) that if we miss we offer our
client up to $5000 in compensation. Not a lot (considering what they might
have lost) but I believe ADT offer the second highest which is $500. What we
can offer is documented proof of over 156,000 apprehensions the Police have
made because of our system. No other alarm company to my knowledge
(including ADT) track this figure.

Lets see, you said "Do you or does anyone really want some central station
operator making a decision about your life and property only by what he or
she hears?" Well actually you do and consider three things...

1) What the central operator is listening to is the perimeter of your
business or home. What that mean is we have advanced notice of the break in.
What that means is that Sonitrol has the capability of calling the Police...
ok are your ready...BEFORE THE BAD GUY GET'S IN.
2) Ok... If I had to rely on something "making a decision about my life and
property" I would probably want to rely on a technology that allows for
someone to evaluate the occurrence and that the POLICE DEEM A PRIORITY,  as
oppose to technology where the only interaction is a central station
operator being notified that a door contact or a motion detector has gone
off (Oh yeah, per Police department door contacts and motion detectors false
over 90% of the time.).
3) Whether you like it or not or personally agree with it or not as far as
the Police are concerned their SOP on call priorities are Police officer in
trouble, armed robbery and "VERIFIED" burglar alarm.  Reacting to a Non
Verified alarm is 7th on the list.

Sonitrol has been in business for over 30 years I am not sure how long MGI
had been around. Sonitrol is Nation Wide with location in Canada  and
Europe. Sonitrol is the 4th largest Alarm company in the country... and only
because only about 25% of our business is residential. We are a Commercial
Security Provider.

Ahh excellent statement about the insurance companies. We live in a
political world. Without politics by now whatever municipality your alarm
company exists in the police would be requiring you offer them "Verified
Notification" of a break in or else they WOULD NOT RESPOND.

Ok, but let's be fair and "unbunch your panties... Everybody make mistakes
traditional systems, Sonitrol even the Police make mistakes... nobody is
perfect. But come on throw me a bone... The traditional door contact /
motion detector systems are a 50+ year old technology. There is really
better stuff out there... the problem... the technology  (Sonitrol's) is
proprietary and Sonitrol limits it's franchises. So ya want poke hold is the
Sonitrol system.... go ahead. Maybe you feel it take attention away from the
multiple inadequacies and real limitations of your system. You know the
Motorola "Brick Phone" was by far one of the best phone for it time and
quite frankly if you still own one, pound for pound it a great phone... but
that technology as good as it was is just "outdated" and although the phone
may work (actually is wont because it is not digital) why would you want to
use it when more modern phones (that have their limitation as well) offer
some much more reliability.

So try not to be so closede minded ... especially since Sonitrol probabally
did not allow you to sell ther product line.

 Again we are the better solution... Sonitrol Security... call for a
presentation and evaluate for yourself.

Mention Pyro and I'll get back to you..

Take Care