Re: Strange Phone Line Issue

>I thought the telco system sent the caller ID data between 1st and 2nd
>ring. Maybe that is what you heard?

I have never heard the CID before on any other line as I did on this one.
It really sounds like a modem carrier for about 1 second.  I turned off the
CID on the line and tried again just to check and got the same result.
Although now that I think about it when I turned it off that was for
outgoing calls.

I had a conversation with an associate earlier and he said that it maybe
possible that Verizon has another line crossed onto this line pair.  He said
that he had seen it happen on another carrier a few years ago.  Need to
investigate this possibility further.

Thanks for the inputs so far.  Every little bit helps.

Les