Re: How to replace battery

> Robert, You claim to have spent all those
> years doing this work. You know that what
> he has posted is not unreasonable. the
> cost of a battery plus a service call.  Any
> of the heavy hitters would be higher than
> that. I am like a lot of others here and use
> battery changes as a good way to garner
> good press and good feelings from my
> customers, but I do charge a service call, or charge them for the battery but not usually
> both...

That's good customer relations.  You probably get more value in referrals and "good will" than you could by nailing the customer at
every turn like some of these idiots.

> Needless to say, this is for monitored
> customers. All others fall under the "gas, ass, or grass, no one rides for free"
> column.

Other than online dealers like myself, almost everyone has different policies / prices for monitored and non-monitored accounts.
It's been a while since I heard anyone use that old hitch-hiker's lament though.  It reminded me of something I used to do when
hitching home from Boston to NJ every few weekends.  I'd stand by the entrance ramp to the Mass Pike.  When I saw a pretty girl
passing I'd start a conversation to get her to stand next to me while I held up my NJ sign.  Sure enough, within a minute or two
someone would pull over.  Those were the days...  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics