Re: How to replace battery

> A $75.00 to $85.00 service call doesn't
> sound " a bit high" to me, in fact it sounds
> very reasonable...

To people accustomed to getting away with it, I imagine it would seem reasonable.

> for a mid to large size company (depending
> on the location) overheads and the cost of
> sending a truck and technician will likely
> make it a losing proposition.

The simplest way is to have the distributor a battery for you.  A clerk can tell the customer over the phone how to swap batteries.
It's not rocket science.  Now, instead of an angry customer who after paying you $85 for the trip plus $35 for the battery goes
online and finds out that the same battery, you have a satisfied customer who feels that you're taking care of them without looking
for every opportunity to gouge them.

Best of all is if you explain the options -- pay for the battery plus a trip charge for "deluxe" service or pay for the battery plus
UPS shipping.  Of course, if you prefer to gouge them...

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics