Recommedations for 800 number providers

I'm the Bozo asking about which CS to use, but now I need to know
where to get my own numbers for forwarding to the receiver and voice
line at the CS.  I see AT&T's website has 800 numbers for sale.  Is
there anything I should be looking for feature wise?  How are line
swings accomplished anyway, can they be swung in real time should an
emergency occur (natural disaster or terrorist attack for examples)?

Thanks.