Re: What would you?

On Feb 18, 1:30=EF=BF=BDam, "Pogo" <No_spam_m...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just did a quote at a residence with 7 large Dogs(bouviers) and about a
> dozen cats, existing wireless on Doors and one Motion operating on a 9 vo=
lt
> flashlite(jerry rigged). Never seen this audible system which arm/disarms
> via phone with central station audio.. AlarmBxxxge.. Either way, doing a
> walk through and there is dog crap all over the place in the basement, pl=
ace
> is completely discusting.. I really don't want to spend a day working and
> stepping in dog crap, I would like to politely decline this job, I would
> price this job through the roof but don't want to be known as abusive.
> (small town!) Any one run across a similar circumstance? =A0At what point=
 does
> one say THIS JOB IS NOT FOR ME =A0Feedback..

All the feed back has been pretty good on this one.

As for me, when I run into something like this, I just don't get back
to them. But at my stage of business, work is no problem.  I can
understand your reluctance, if you live in a small community, though.
Therefore, you may want to "kill two birds with one stone" You can
tell the person that your are really, really busy. That you are
working on a great big job and you don't know how long it's going to
take for you to finnish. So, rather than putting them off, you'll do
the next best thing. You'll refer them to someone who will be more
than happy to do the job for them. Then give them the name of your
best competitor or two or three . .....

Now you can walk away contented knowing that you've done the best that
you can, to help your business progress.